Directions for how to get from Boone to Lakeshore Marina…
The drive is REALLY a simple one.
- FROM KING STREET in Boone, take King Street out of Boone (that is ALSO Hwy 421) like you’re headed towards Mountain City, Tennessee. (But you’ll turn LEFT onto Hwy 321 just six miles out of Boone. There is a Skateworld on the corner.)
- Once you are ON Hwy 321, simply STAY ON HWY 321 until it DEAD ENDS into Hwy 321/67. You really can’t make a mistake here. Just stay on Hwy 321 until it ends and you’ll ONLY be able to TURN LEFT OR RIGHT. You will TURN LEFT onto Hwy 321/67.
- Lakeshore Marina will be about 5 miles ON THE RIGHT. Some landmarks to look for will be “Shirley’s Restaurant” on the left. (Keep going 😉 – Then you’ll see “Fish Springs Marina” on the RIGHT – (Keep going 😉 and then you’ll see “Captain’s Table Restaurant” on the right and the MARINA is JUST PAST THAT on the right.
Once you turn into the marina just follow the road around and past the boat docks. (Can’t miss it but see second map below!) Stay on the little road in the marina AROUND to the right. I have included MAPS below!
Once you are in the marina, follow the road around and the main boat docks will be on your right. Follow around to the end and park and walk to the G Docks…see below.
DIRECTIONS FROM BANNER ELK…
- From the corner of NC Hwy 105 South and Hwy 184 at Tynecastle. Go past Sugar Mountain (on left) and drive all the way to the END of Hwy 184 (just past Banner Elk Cafe). At the STOPLIGHT in Banner Elk, TURN LEFT. (Banner Elk Exxon should be on your left.)
- After turning left you will now be on Hwy 194. Go PAST Lees McCrae College and STAY LEFT on Hwy 194. (Don’t take the right going to Beech Mountain.)
- Follow Hwy 194 past Elk River (the long air strip) and stay on Hwy 194 to the END. TURN RIGHT onto Hwy 19E.
- Shortly after turning right on Hwy 19E, you will go through Elk Park, NC. DO THE SPEED LIMIT! (The police are bad about stopping people here.)
- Stay on Hwy 19E through Elk Park, then Roan Mountain, Tennessee, and then you come to Hampton, Tennessee. TURN RIGHT onto Hwy 321/67. (There is a large service station on that corner.)
- Stay straight on Hwy 321/67 until you see Lakeshore Marina on the LEFT.